Work Zone Management Program
Work Zone Management is the implementation of work zone strategies, including work zone Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and smart work zones, to minimize construction impacts on traffic flow, maintain safety standards for workers and users, and improve accessibility for work-zone-adjacent businesses and residents. Effective and efficient maintenance of traffic (MOT) during a construction project should start at the beginning stages of planning and design and continue to be assessed throughout the construction period. Our staff provides MOT support services on projects ranging from single intersection construction to large and long-term expressway/interchange projects.
- I-95 Resurfacing Project from NW 20th Street to Golden Glades Interchange: MOT Diversion Plan Performance Monitoring
- SR-7/NW 7th Avenue from NW 8th Street to NW 79th Street: Evaluation of traffic progression throughout work zone and traffic signal operations during various MOT phase shifts
- SR-968/W Flagler Street/ SW 1st Street from W 27th Avenue to W 2nd Avenue: Evaluation of traffic progression throughout work zone and traffic signal operations during various MOT phase shifts
- SR-823/Red Road from W 49th Street/NW 103rd Street to NW 142nd Street: Evaluation of traffic progression throughout work zone and traffic signal operations during various MOT Phase shifts
- SR-836-826 Section 5 Interchange MOT: Evaluation of detour route plans and relevant traffic signal system timing and coordination to better manage traffic exiting from the expressways on lower-capacity surface roadways
- MOT Plan Development and Review
- Lane Closure and Capacity Analysis
- MOT Performance Monitoring and Dashboard Development for Presentations
- Documentation of Maintenance of Contract Thresholds/User Expectations
- Signal Operations/Signal Network Retiming
- Coordination with Contractor, Construction Engineering Inspector (CEI), Public Information Office (PIO)
- Deployment and Management of ITS Devices (e.g., Video Cameras, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Devices, etc.) for Real-time Monitoring, Data Collection, and Advanced Warning Messaging.