Pearl Place II
The second phase of Avesta Housing’s Pearl Place project extends the redevelopment of the emerging Bayside section of the city with 54 new apartments. The project is within walking distance of Portland’s major amenities, schools, parks, food markets, shopping, City Hall, the public library, and the University of Southern Maine.
One-, two-, and three-bedroom units for qualifying families have access to free wifi, on-site laundry, and a community room with a kitchen.
This project has received LEED Platinum Certification under the LEED for Homes Multifamily Midrise program. Energy- and water-saving features include:
- Solar domestic hot water
- No landscape irrigation system
- A bicycle storage room
- Rain garden for on-site stormwater treatment
- Unit-by-unit blower door testing
- Low-flow, water-saving fixtures
- A high-performance building envelope
- Added insulation with air barrier
- A heat recovery system
- High-efficiency gas-fired boilers
- A high-albedo roof
- Low-VOC materials
For more information, click here.