NYS OMH Statewide Security Physical Standards
CHA updated the New York State Office of Mental Health’s Statewide Security Physical Standards specific to Forensic and SOTP/SOMTA Psychiatric Centers. The services involved are listed below:
- Coordination of meetings between NYS OGS, NYS OMH, C&S (Forensic Facilities), Tyco IS, subconsultants, NYS OMH Forensic and SOTP/SOMTA Facility Staff, and Capital Operations Staff
- Inclusion of all aspects of security, including control room layout; physical security; employee, visitor and client entry and screening requirements; enhanced building physical security; perimeter fencing options; fencing detection; CCTV; PAS; and access control
- Revision and standardization of the format of all security sensitive area drawings (e.g. pharmacy, consumer records and information technology rooms). All security sensitive area drawings were revised for compliance with NYS OGS specifications.
- Review and revision of the OMH general standard specifications, which included complete specifications for all materials and equipment involved with the security of the facilities
- Redesign of the final program and design standards document, which was formatted into user-friendly hard copy and electronic versions
- Security Standards Development