Lake Superior Power - 110 MW CCGT Power Plant
This project installed a 110 MW gas turbine based, combined cycle, cogeneration plant to supply power to the Ontario power grid and process steam to St. Marys Paper Co. The cogeneration plant's major equipment included two 40 MW GE LM6000 gas turbine generators, two duct-fired heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs), and one 30 MW automatic extraction condensing steam turbine generator. Design steam pressures are 925 psig turbine supply and 150 psig export steam.
CHA was appointed as owner's engineer throughout the project duration from feasibility study to commissioning and startup of the facility, and we provided detailed engineering for off-site facilities during the project implementation phase. We also provided conceptual and preliminary engineering for the design-build execution of a 115 kV switchyard and two 115 kV submarine cable circuits for the 110 MW combined cycle cogeneration plant.
- Owner's engineer
- Site selection and detailed feasibility study
- Plant schematic conceptual design, including the high voltage transmission system
- Preparation of detailed specifications
- Gas turbine generators
- Steam turbine generator
- Heat recovery steam generators
- Balance of plant construction
- Detailed design
- One-mile long, 16-inch diameter process steam line to St. Marys Paper Co.
- Fuel oil storage and supply system
- Contract and project administration, inspection and expediting
- Specification, coordination, and carrying out of overall plant performance tests
- Engineering and design to support environmental assessments and permit applications prepared by others
- Contractor's drawing review