Hawaiian Airlines Hangar and Cargo Facility
As part of a $2.3 billion statewide airport modernization program, Honolulu International Airport redeveloped most of their Mauka Concourse. A central program component was the addition of a 270,000 sq. ft. hangar and cargo facility for Hawaiian Airlines to accommodate simultaneous maintenance of A330, A350 and B717 aircraft. CHA served as the hangar, air cargo and airfield consultant and provided design quality control peer review services for this design-build project. In conjunction with the lead design firm, CHA advised the full design team on critical issues inherent to hangar and cargo facilities.
- Design of Airfield Aprons, Taxiways, Lighting, and Markings
- Modeling and Coordination of Aircraft Fleet Movements
- Fuel Systems Design and Coordination
- Telecommunications, Access Control, Mass Notification, and Security Systems Design
- Design Quality Control and Peer Review of Vertical and Horizontal Project Elements
- Bidding and Construction Administration