Charles County, Maryland M&R Station
CHA was contracted to design a 16-inch steel gas pipeline and a gas metering/pressure regulation station in St. Charles, Maryland, to provide natural gas for a power plant. The pipeline takes gas from the Dominion Pipeline system and conforms to Dominion Gas Transmission (DGT) specifications.
Source Pipeline: Columbia Gas Transmission Pipeline (MAOP 1250 psig), Dominion Gas Transmission Pipeline (MAOP 1250 psig).
- Inlet pressure: 800 to 1250 psig
- Outlet pressure: 500 to 550 psig
- Design flow rate: 5,500 MCFH
- Overall estimated project size: $10 Million
- Design responsibility from Conceptual to IFC stage
- 3D model development and 2D drawing production
- Complete discipline scope including: mechanical, electrical & structural engineering disciplines
- System design basis, sizing & gas heating calculations
- Customized piping specification to suit class location, design pressure and client requirements
- Full station bill of materials
- Equipment technical specifications & supplier technical submittal and documentation review