Cape Cod Transmission Pipeline Replacement
CHA is providing survey, engineering, design, and survey as-built services for the replacement of National Grid’s current transmission pipeline system in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The mid-Cape portion of the replacement is 16.46 miles of 12-inch and 950 feet of 20-inch API 5L PSL2 X52 (270 psig MAOP) natural gas pipeline; the western segment is 3 miles of 20-inch API 5L X42 (585 psig) natural gas pipeline.
CHA custom-built and completed a tablet-based, comprehensive integrity management tool for the project. CHA’s survey team used the tool to log and record field weld locations, pipe heat numbers, welder IDs, and further information. All are tied to GPS coordinates, ensuring fully traceable pipeline construction.
National Grid selected RH White as the main contractor on the project. CHA and RH White are working together to provide a successful project for National Grid.
- Design responsibility from conceptual through IFC stage
- Pipeline alignment and profile drawing production
- Mainline valve and remote-operated valve design
- Town, regulatory, and permitting support activities
- As-built survey
- Comprehensive integrity management tool for pipeline fabrication