The American Public Works Association (APWA) will be awarding CHA Consulting, Inc. (CHA) a National Public Works Project of the Year Award for the Gateway to Monroe County (Rochester International Airport Terminal) in the category of Structures more than $75 million. CHA shares this honor with airport operator/owner Monroe County, New York; primary contractor LeChase Construction Services; and canopy consultant Passero Associates.
CHA was hired to furnish engineering, design and construction administration services for the NYSDOT-funded, $56 million terminal renovations program which included checkpoint reconfiguration, airport exiting, main terminal building expansion and concession enhancement, communication technology for the hearing impaired and infrastructure network upgrades.
The National APWA Project of the Year Award is the culmination of a year of many APWA awards at the State and local level. CHA was recently part of the team awarded two of nine Project of the Year Awards from the New York State APWA including:
- Bailey Avenue Bridges, Buffalo, NY (Structures $5-$25 million)
- Gateway to Monroe County, Rochester, NY (Structures >$75 million)
This followed five local chapter APWA Project of the Year Awards in New York State:
- Route 32 Bridge over the Mohawk River, Cohoes/Waterford, NY (Capital Branch)
- Beaver Creek CSO Abatement & Flood Mitigation Project, Albany, NY (Capital Branch)
- Former Town of Salina Landfill, Salina, NY (Central NY Branch)
- Gateway to Monroe County, Rochester, NY (Genesee Valley Branch)
- Bailey Avenue Bridges, Buffalo, NY (Western NY Branch)
The National APWA Award will be presented at a ceremony held in conjunction with the 2019 PWX Convention in Seattle, Washington on Monday, September 9th.