Opportunities for Graduates…
Beginning your career at CHA is a great way to enter the world of engineering, planning, surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and many other professional disciplines. You’ll meet and work with some of the finest professionals in the business. We’ll give you all of the tools, resources, and help you need to grow personally and professionally. You’ll work hard, but you’ll be proud of what you do. For a list of available positions, check here and apply on-line.
… and for Current Students
Each summer approximately 40 interns join CHA. Interns are introduced to many aspects of engineering and construction, gaining hands-on experience while contributing to exciting, high profile projects! An internship will prepare you to make an informed decision about which line of engineering you want to concentrate on, as well as provide you with practical experience that will not only make your college coursework more relevant, but enhance your resume for your future job pursuits. As part of the learning experience, interns are paired with a manager and a “buddy” who provide assistance with day-to-day tasks, culture integration and understanding of CHA’s policies and procedures. Intern activities include:
- Intern Project - This voluntary group project is an opportunity for you to get involved in problem solving for topics affecting CHA’s business. You will spend the summer researching and developing ideas to be presented to our Management Team. Internship project ideas have been known to get implemented as CHA initiatives and winning teams receive monetary rewards!
- Site Visits - In order to better understand the engineering process, interns are given the chance to visit various local project sites that represent different aspects of our practice.
- Training Sessions - Participating in “New Hire Orientation” and “Acclimating to CHA and the Workforce” sessions, as well as attending other technical training sessions, allow you to further enhance your CHA internship experience.
- Thank You BBQ - You will be invited to a luncheon at the end of the summer in recognition of your hard work.
While we offer many internship opportunities at CHA, demand is high and competition is intense, so apply early! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be received by the end of January to be considered for the following summer. Along with your resume, please provide your preferred office location, the dates you are available, and any specialty preferences you have.
Representatives from CHA will be at the following career fairs this winter. If you attend one of these schools, be sure to stop by and say hello!
- January 30:Penn State University, State College, PA
- February 6:Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- February 19:University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- February 21:Carolina A&T University, Greensboro, NC
- March 21:Wentworth Institut of Technology, Boston, MA